Field Day 2022

 

I really had forgotten that it was Field Day weekend when I went out on Sunday morning to play with the new X6100.     Imagine my surprise when the first thing I heard was the words "CQ Field Day" !

The antenna is just two pieces of 26 gauge silicone-covered wire on a BNC / binding post adapter, which is within the 2:1 SWR range over the whole 20 meter band without using the internal ATU.

I was able to get only 3 QSO's in the log before the internal battery gave out, so I am fairly sure that when the results come out I will be the lowest score in the WI section; still it was my first FD in several years and I am very glad to have gotten on the air for it !      I am also glad that I had plenty of coffee !

The site is the overlook on top of Mill Bluff in Mill Bluff State Park , POTA # K-1463    

UPDATE! - January 6th, 2023:   in category 1B - Battery, my 3 QSOs earned 265 points; whether that really was the lowest score in WI Section is still an open question pending further analysis of the results.  

UPDATE! - January 19th, 2023:   the WI Section Manager, Jason Spetz, KC9FXE kindly provided the raw .csv file of the Field Day results, and with some sorting of the vast spreadsheet I found that there were 27 stations in the section with lower scores than mine.   Thanks, Jason!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Activation at Mill Bluff State Park

Plenty of EFHW kits!

Driftless QRP is moving !